Paying for College

Students (and their parents) can pay for college directly, either out of pocket or through loans (via Monique’s computer). Because the interest on Monique’s loans is very high, however, they are limited to taking out loans up to $10,000 for the parents/independent students, $5,000 for dependent students. Otherwise, they can apply for financial aid.

There are two types of financial awards: public and private. Public awards are the EAxis University EP scholarships, and the CC scholarships for OFB talent badges that were created by jfade on MATY (get it here). The money comes from “nowhere”, so I consider them publicly-funded, and any student (including transfer students) are able to receive the public scholarships.

Public Aid

RMA (Rockport Metropolitian Area) Extracurricular Grant Program: Any student attending any RMA school (URock/Meade) is eligible for this award (which means transfer students from any international school can receive this award as well). Recipients of this award will receive a $500 grant for every hobby that is maxed out (10 CHE).


    • 10 CHE (any applicable hobby)

The grants are awarded only once.

FENSA Award: Any student inducted into Meade’s FENSA chapter will receive a one-time award of $20,000, to be used for college expenses.

Induction requirements

    • Level 10 in every skill (70 CSE)
Private Aid

Privately-funded scholarships are the awards designed by myself, which is funded from the LC’s department of education budget. Because of this, only LC playables are eligible for the private aid. Depending on the amount of available funds, I may have to limit the number of awards per year. As there will be a couple of years before any LC playables are eligible to attend college, there will be plenty of funds, so as it stands there are an unlimited amount of awards. We’ll see.

Monfort-Windsor Fellowship Program: Recipients of this program will receive a tuition waiver for up to one year to study at any international school (including affiliate hood schools). Only one award annually.


    • 3.25 GPA
    • 15 CSE
    • 5 CIE in Travel, in addition to any other CIE requirements
    • Application essay, on how studying abroad would benefit education and career goals (write article on Monique’s computer, in any core skill

Students cannot be on academic probation at the time of application, even if they meet the required GPA, and can only attend during their sophomore and/or junior year. This is for tuition only, so students will still be responsible for their housing and other living expenses.

Students of Excellence Award: This award ensures that lack of affordability will not deter exceptional students from receiving higher education. Recipients of this award will receive a full scholarship, covering the cost of tuition, room & board, and books, as well as a one-time award of a laptop and a $250 stipend per semester for personal expenses. This award will cover four years of study, as long as a 3.5 GPA after the end of each academic year is maintained. The award can be renewed for up to an additional four years of study in advanced degree programs.

Freshman Undergraduate Requirements:

    • A- GPA
    • 20 CSE
    • Letter of Recommendation (overachiever memory earned)
    • Tier I household income status

Graduate Requirements (must have received and maintained award during undergraduate study):

    • 3.75 GPA
    • 35 CSE
    • Tier I household income status

Each award winner is required to attend an award ceremony and will be featured in the area newspaper. This award can only be used for study at URock or Meade.

How Funds are Applied

Funds received by financial aid (scholarships, grants, or loans) are applied evenly over the course of the degree program. For example, if the total cost for the student is $10,000 for four years and they received $6,000 in aid, then the student is responsible for $500 at the beginning of every semester (balance of $4,000 over the course of eight semesters).

Additional Options

Another option to pay for college expenses is student employment. Students  participating in the Student Employment Program (SEP) can receive employment through work-study. Work-study jobs include, but not limited to, bar-tending, cashiering, cafeteria aide and tutoring. Salary is paid directly to the student, who is responsible of making payments to cover college expenses. Students can also obtain employment off-campus at any time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s